Scientific name: Ursus Arctos
- U.S. President Thomas Jefferson had two bear cubs.
- During the fall, a brown bear eats practically around the clock, stocking up for winter. A grizzly can eat 90 lbs of food each day.
- As it falls into a deep sleep during hibernation, a bear's heart rate drops from about 40 beats per minute to as low as 8 beats per minute.
- Male brown bears average about 700 pounds.
- The name "teddy bear" comes from former U.S. President Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt.
- A group of bears is reffered to as a sleuth or a sloth.